Sunday, March 23, 2008

Alabama - Gov. Bob Riley


In his second term, Gov. Riley & his wife Patsy have as their priorities health care and education. We pray that the prosperity of late in this historically poor state will continue.

I have relatives in Dothan and in Birmingham, as well as ancestral roots in Greenville. And so, this first of fifty prayers goes out for "family." Below is the email I sent the governor tonight:


Dear Governor and Mrs. Riley,

Here is hoping you had a wonderful Easter Sunday. I regret that I could not be praying with Gov. Riley personally this evening, but rest assured that I have not forgotten my appointment with God to lift you and your state up in his presence.

I pray that above all your relationship with God is strong. Second only to that relationship, I pray that your marriage remains strong as you face the many challenges that governing a state must entail.

I pray for the continued prosperity of your state - a state in which I have relatives on both sides of my family. Having ancestral roots in Greenville, ALABAMA, it is a bit ironic that I have called Greenville, SC, my home for over 30 years now.

I especially lift up your state's educational and health programs. As the parents of our next generation raise these future leaders, we need to assure them that the resources are there to be prepared mentally and physically to meet those challenges.

I pray that this term will be as blessed as the last as you seek the best course for the people of your state.

In Christ,

Henry Martin

No comments: