Thursday, March 27, 2008

Arnolc Schwarznegger - California

Not just another pretty face. Not just another celebrity. But the governor of a state the size of most European nations! With an entertainment industry reaching (for better or worse) the whole world, "Arnold" is in a very influencial position. Pray hard that he remains committed to public service.

Here is my email to him:

Dear Governor Schwarznegger,

I hope you and your family had a great Easter weekend. Having been unable to contact you personally, I am taking this opportunity to email you the thoughts that I am bringing to God in prayer at this moment.

You have a great state - larger in size and population than most nations of the world. This, tied to the influence of the vast media resources that are common there, California is a world leader in more ways than most of us realize. As it's governor, I know you need the strength of character to take stands that may not be popular.

Sometimes your decisions are not popular with the people, but most of the time you will be at odds with the political establishment. Whatever the case, you need the strength to endure. I pray that you will turn to God for that strength.

I pray for your wife and children, and for your extended family wherever they may be. I pray for your continued health and safety.

I pray that those issues that are close to your heart will go well - such as Special Olympics (my daughter works with special needs children). Thank you for your work in promoting physical fitness among the youth of your state. All too often we affluent Americans allow our health to slide, passing those bad habits on to our children.

Again, thank you for your service to our nation. Our continuing prayers go out for you.

Henry Martin,
Greenville, SC

No comments: