Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sonny Perdue - Georgia

Governor Perdue, a product of central Georgia, entered the Georgia General Assembly after establishing himself as businessman not just locally but in many locations.

He entered politics with slowly, but served well in his posts. Having won his second term in 2006, he continues to lead Georgia in every area.

Here is the email I sent him tonight:

Dear Governor Perdue,

I am sorry to use "Greeting Letter" as a category, but you did not have a category labeled "other" to direct your thoughts toward an unanticipated subject.

I have contacted you of this evening's plans to include you, your family, and your state, in my evening prayers. Having grown up in Georgia, and a 1975 graduate of UGA, I am a displaced Georgian, living a mere 45 miles outside your borders. My immediate family all reside in Georgia. I understand "our" people!

As I have found in praying these past few days, our state governors have many of the same goals - Education, Economics, and Energy. I lift up these areas to the God of All Knowledge, and the One whose stewardship we hold.

I pray for you and your wife, as well as your children and grandchildren. May you continue in good health.

I commend you for publicly acknowledging God in prayer during our shared drought recently. And even with recent rains, it is clear from Lake Hartwell that we need more! So I join you in prayer for divine intervention to bring needed rain.

In Christ,

Henry Martin, Greenville, SC

No comments: